- Alcohol type: Cask strenght
- OLD TOM – Boatyard Old Tom gin is naturally sweetened; we take our Double Gin and age it in first fill PX sherry barrels for 4 month. We then add a touch of local Fermanagh honey for natural sweetness
- TASTING NOTES – Boatyard Old Tom gin has notes of candied lemon peel, vanilla and cinnamon spice, with a silky, orange finish. It is slightly sweeter than a London Dry style.
- RECOMMENDED SERVE – Boatyard Old Tom Gin goes great neat or over some ice. For that longer drink try it with ginger ale and a few slices of apple, or alternatively with some tonic water and a wedge of lemon. If you like to make classic cocktails try Boatyard Old Tom Gin in a Martinez.
- THE DISTILLERY – Boatyard is an award-wining distillery located inside an old boatyard on the banks of Lough Erne in the North West of Ireland. The first legal distillery built in County Fermanagh in 130 years, Boatyard is a genuinely different distillery – innovative, open, transparent, truly craft, obsessed with quality and passionate about distillation.
- PROVENANCE – Provenance in our products is key to flavour. At Boatyard we only use organically sourced ingredients such as the juniper in our gin that comes from Arezzo in Tuscany. We also use local Fermanagh honey for natural sweetness.
- HISTORY – Old Tom Gin was a popular recipe in the 18th Century, where the illegal, home-made, harsh gins of the time were sweetened with liquorice or sugar to make it more palatable to the masses.
Brand BOATYARD Flavour Boatyard Old Tom Gin Alcohol Content 0.46 Percent by Volume Alcohol type Gin Item weight 1.45 Kilograms